Thursday, September 17, 2009

One Week Shy...

Okay, I'm still in shock that a week from today Quinn will hit the big 1 year mark!!! Where has the time gone? She took her first few steps the day before yesterday so I'm convinced she'll be walking to blow out her candles at her party next weekend! Little bugaboo, you're getting SO BIG!

Quinn's new favorite past times are hiding under the table, throwing any kind of ball around the house, and playing with anything on the fireplace mantel-I'm over trying to keep it off limits :) Oh and she LOVES reaching in to steal ice cubes out of our water glasses-she could entertain herself for hours picking up and eating ice-in between letting Sophie have some licks-yes, isn't that lovely...

She loves her rocker-thank you Auntie Brooke-we're taking good care of it-she mainly loves to rock her animals in it, but on occasion will actually sit still for a few seconds in it.

We celebrated Grammie Alford's 89th birthday over Labor Day weekend-a nice brunch outing and Grammie came down from VT for a visit too-lots of fun!
Here is Quinn finally passed out below while Daddy held her and played the piano-guess we'll need to purchase a baby grand to help knock her out! Babe, I know you'd love it if we could fit one in our little house...someday!



Quinn below helping Mommy make the cake for Grammie Alford-she loves to help measure and cook with me, actually she wants to get up and taste anything I'm preparing and is SO inquisitive... it's very cute!

Well we tried to capture some footage of first steps below-we'll try again this weekend...
On the countdown to celebrate, although I'm getting pretty sad that she is getting so grown up and independent already! Oh and I had to throw in her spoon tricks at the table, she was keeping a pretty good beat to the Coldplay music in the background-just like her Daddy, very musical!


1 comment:

Caroline said...

look at her go... sooo exciting! next thing you know she will be running w/ Brent. :)
LOVE the video of her drumming w/ the spoon.. LOL!
Miss you guys and wish we could be at the bday bash!